Wednesday 28 April 2010

Letter to all residents of Harringay - hopefully to go out over next few days to as many houses as I can muster!

April 2010
Dear resident of Harringay,
I hope you can take some time to read this small letter.
As you probably know, there are soon to be elections across the country – both a General Election and also the local Council elections here – probably on 6 May 2010.
I just want to take some time to explain my personal views on how I feel our democracy needs a shake-up and what matters here locally:
• I am running for the Council for the first time and at the age of 27, I want to bring youth and fresh (and real) honesty to a Council that has seen its reputation plummet across the nation (Victoria ClimbiĆ© and Baby P - tragedies that must never happen again). Our democracy needs renewal (and locally vulnerable children need better protection).
• At a time when we are all feeling the pinch of Labour’s debt, I, locally, want to see Haringey residents pay less Council Tax. Labour has been leading the Council since 1971 – do you really think things have improved as they should here? In my view, Labour isn’t working.
• Schools across the Borough are unfairly disadvantaged in that they only receive outer-London funding – 27 out 66 Haringey schools face year-end deficits. That must surely have a bad effect on our children’s education?
• I want more funding for Harringay & St Ann’s Local Area Assembly.
• I know there are issues that concern you on the ladder roads including Wightman Road – let’s work together! For example, a CPZ review or crime reduction in Harringay passage).
I’ve got lots of ideas to help and I also pledge my full energy, enthusiasm and honest character to support and listen to all. I hope you can vote for me on Election Day for a new start in Harringay. Vote for Change!


Tim Caines – Conservative Council candidate for Harringay Ward
tim@tottenhamconservatives.com
www.facebook.com/timcainesforharringay
http://timcaines.blogspot.com

PS. Feel free to join my Facebook group above to show your support or just to get more information on me. Thanks for taking the time to read this letter – signed by me personally - I did each one! A personal commitment on my part! 

No comments:

Post a Comment